City of Oviedo Easter Marshmallow Drop Family Video Review
City of Oviedo Easter Marshmallow Drop Family Video Review – At Easter time in 2018, My Central Florida Family attended the Marshmallow Drop at Oviedo Sports Compless. Here’s our Family Video Review.
This was our first year attending the Marshmallow Drop in Oviedo and it is exactly what it claims to be. Once parked, you walk to the baseball fields. You can purchase tickets ahead of time at the Oviedo Gym & Aquatic Center or Riverside Park in Oviedo, but we purchased our tickets to enter at the gate. Tickets were $3 in advance and $5 on the day of the event.
Once we entered, we found our child’s age on the signs scattered around the park. You go to your corresponding field and wait for further direction. Now, in 2018, the 7-8 year olds ran out onto the field after the first dump of marshmallows. And, in the confusion, the helicopter continued to dump the marshmallows onto the children. They are supposed to wait until all of the marshmallows are out before they run to the outfield. You may want to have that conversation with them ahead of time. (Link to news coverage). We edited our video as to show the highlights and not the misfortune indecent.
Once they collect their marshmallows, they will take their bag to an area with bounce houses and vendor tables to redeem it for a goodie bag. All in all, we were there for less than 90 minutes (though you can choose to stay longer). It’s definitely a unique experience for kids in Central Florida.
Below, check out our Top 5 Suggestions for this opportunity:
- Purchase your tickets in advance and save. Also, bring something to pick up the marshmallows with for your kids.
- Get there early because parking can leave you walking a while to the fields.
- Have a talk with your kids about waiting until all the marshmallows are out before running out onto the field.
- Set up a meeting point for your child before the go onto the field. For the youngest kids, parent can accompany them, but for the older kiddos, have a place to meet when they’re done on the field.
- Don’t forget to pick up your goody bag before leaving.
Disclaimer: City of Oviedo Easter Marshmallow Drop Family Video Review is based on the experience of My Central Florida and should be taken as opinion of that experience. Details are subject to change over time so be sure to verify details from our accounts.