Dr. Phillips Center Upcoming Season 2019-20
Dr. Phillips Center Upcoming Season 2019-20 – A diverse palette of musicians, comedians and entertainers is queued up for Dr. Phillips Center’s fifth full season, including bluegrass sensation Alison Krauss, rock legend Sammy Hagar, up-and-coming quartet The Four Italian Tenors and Orlando’s own Wayne Brady.Nine Broadway tours will also make a stop in Orlando, from Disney Aladdin and Mean Girls to newly announced Beautiful: The Carole King Musical,as part of the2019/2020 FAIRWINDS Broadway in Orlando series.
The Jazz Orchestra at Dr. Phillips Center to be presented by Fifth Third Bank
Ramsberger is equally excited about The Jazz Orchestra at Dr. Phillips Center presented by Fifth Third Bank, which is set to perform four programs throughout the new season. The orchestra, curated exclusively for Dr. Phillips Center guests, is comprised of professional jazz musicians who travel from all over the country to play together under the direction of acclaimed bassist Rodney Whitaker.
“Orlando is a great city for jazz,” Ramsberger said. “Our community has a deep affinity for the genre and through The Jazz Orchestra, we’re excited to play even a small role in sustaining that appreciation over multiple generations.”
“We are very thrilled to be supporting The Jazz Orchestra at Dr. Phillips Center,” said Fifth Third Bank Orlando City President Greg Dryden. “The performing arts strategically align with Fifth Third’s core values.”
For the first time, the arts center is offering a full jazz subscription package that includes tickets to all four jazz orchestra performances; the subscription price is $200 inclusive of taxes and fees, a savings of 20% on the single-ticket price. A three-performance “flex subscription,” which saves buyers 15%, is available for $165. Subscriptions are on sale today and single tickets will go on sale at a later date.
Dr. Phillips Center, Orlando
Dr. Phillips Center’s 2019/2020 season includes:
FAIRWINDS Broadway in Orlando
- Tim Allen (Aug 2)
- Legally Blond, The Musical (Aug 2-4)
- 85 South Show (Aug 18)
- My Brother, My Brother and Me (Sept 1)
- Alejandro Sanz – #LAGIRA (Sept 5)
- Shin Lim (Sept 7)
- Deep Purple (Sept 26)
- Dane Cook: Tell It Like It Is (Sept 27)
- *Wayne Brady (Oct12)
- *The Second City’s Greatest Hits, Vol. 59 (Oct 11-12)
- *Disney in Concert: Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas (Oct 18)
- *Alison Krauss (Oct 19)
- Les Miserables (Oct 22-27)
- *The Jazz Orchestra at Dr. Phillips Center presented by Fifth Third Bank (Oct 24-25)
- RuPaul’s Drag Race: Werq the World Tour (Nov 5)
- *Sammy Hagar’s Full Circle Jam Tour (Nov 9)
- Escape to Margaritaville (Nov 12-17)
- Jonathan Van Ness (Nov 23)
- Disney Junior Holiday Party (Nov 24)
- *The Four Italian Tenors: Viva Italia! (Nov 26)
- Incubus (Nov 29)
- *The Jazz Orchestra at Dr. Phillips Center “Big Band Christmas” presented by Fifth Third Bank (Dec 1)
- The Play That Goes Wrong (Dec 3-8)
- John Prine (Dec 6)
- Jim Gaffigan (Dec 27)
- Disney Aladdin (Jan 22-Feb 9)
- *Siberian State Symphony Orchestra: Russia’s Greatest Hits (Jan 25)
- *Black Violin (Feb 8)
- *The Jazz Orchestra at Dr. Phillips Center “Jazz for Lovers: Songs from the Great American Songbook” presented by Fifth Third Bank (Feb 13-15)
- *Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater (Feb 18)
- *The Beach Boys (Feb 19)
- Mean Girls (Feb 25-Mar 1)
- *Grease with Orchestra
- *The Price is Right Live! (Apr 19)
- *RAIN: A Tribute to the Beatles (Apr 21)
- A Bronx Tale (Apr 28-May 3)
- *The Jazz Orchestra at Dr. Phillips Center “Miles & More” presented by Fifth Third Bank (May 21-23)
- My Fair Lady (May 26-31)
- *Beautiful: The Carole King Musical (Jun 11-14)
Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts is a private, not-for-profit 501(c)3 organization operating the state-of-the-art performing arts center in downtown Orlando. With its opening in November 2014, the arts center has become a gathering place for creativity and discovery, and a vibrant urban destination where artists, audiences and students come to experience, explore and learn. The two-block community destination features the 2,700-seat Walt Disney Theater, 300-seat Alexis & Jim Pugh Theater, Seneff Arts Plaza, AdventHealth School of the Arts, the DeVos Family Room and other event rental spaces. Under construction is Steinmetz Hall, a 1,700-seat acoustical theater, along with rehearsal, classroom, office space and commercial development spaces. Dr. Phillips Center collaborates with the City of Orlando, Orange County, the City of Winter Park, the State of Florida and generous donors.
For information and to purchase tickets, visit drphillipscenter.org.
Disclaimer: This event is subject to last minute cancellations and changes which might not be reflected in this MyCentralFloridaFamily.com post. Please always confirm with this family-friendly business by calling or clicking.
Do you like this information? Sign up for our Weekly Fun-Letter so you don’t miss a thing! Click here to sign up. Or, be sure to check out our Daily Events Line-Up with events that are happening throughout Central Florida every single day!