Entertainment Returns to Walt Disney World Parks
Entertainment Returns to Walt Disney World Parks – Whether it’s the smooth harmonies of the Dapper Dans performing on Main Street, U.S.A., the action-packed thrills of “Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular,” or a warm hug from Anna and Elsa, live entertainment is filling every corner of Walt Disney World Resort these days.
Click any of the buttons below to follow us for more news and information.
New shows and experiences that debuted at the start of the Walt Disney World 50th Anniversary celebration continue to dazzle guests. These include two new nighttime spectaculars – “Disney Enchantment” at Magic Kingdom Park and “Harmonious” at EPCOT – and “Disney KiteTails,” which is performed multiple times throughout the day at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park. As “The World’s Most Magical Celebration” continues throughout 2022, welcoming back fan-favorite entertainment is one of the many ways Disney is continuing to add even more magic to the guest experience.
Here is an overview of new, returning and soon-to-debut entertainment:
Revisiting the Big Blue World
This summer, Disney’s Animal Kingdom will debut “Finding Nemo: The Big Blue… and Beyond!” marking the freshly reimagined return of one of its most popular musical entertainment experiences. This fully updated, 25-minute stage show incorporates live performers and puppets, along with many favorite production numbers from the original “Finding Nemo: The Musical.” In addition to a new script, the show features new set pieces with a fresh look, and a new LED video wall designed to visually extend the world created by the physical sets on stage – such as a 32-foot-long sunken submarine and a 15-foot-tall fish tank volcano.
Frontier-Style Fun Family Feast
On June 23, 2022, a classic Walt Disney World dinner show, “Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue” at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground, returns to once again offer rousing performances. Since its opening in 1974, this popular family experience has continued to surprise and delight guests with singing, zany comedy and an unforgettable country feast of fried chicken, smoked BBQ ribs, savory sides and, of course, strawberry shortcake!
Along with the much-anticipated return of the Pioneer Hall Players and cast members, the show will feature new updates to its script and scenery, while staying true to the hilarious, high-spirited family entertainment adored by generations of guests. Advance reservations are strongly encouraged and will be available on DisneyWorld.comstarting May 26.
What’s New and Next: Shows, Parades and Cavalcades
At Magic Kingdom, three exciting experiences recently made their return or debut:
- “Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade” now winds its way through the park twice daily, offering guests double the chance to see enchanting floats like the fire-breathing Maleficent dragon.
- “Mickey’s Magical Friendship Faire” features favorite scenes inspired by “Frozen,” “Tangled” and “The Princess and the Frog” – plus a new opening and finale with Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, Daisy Duck and Goofy in their sparkling 50th Anniversary EARidescent fashions.
- “Disney Adventure Friends Cavalcade!” stars nearly 30 favorite Disney and Pixar friends such as Nick and Judy from “Zootopia,” Baloo and King Louie from “The Jungle Book,” Miguel from “Coco,” plus Merida, Moana, The Incredibles, Pocahontas and more.
At Disney’s Animal Kingdom, “Festival of the Lion King” inspires guests with its larger-than-life musical production filled with pageantry and puppetry. And this summer, two popular performances are set to make their much-anticipated return to the show:
- Tumble Monkeys, a group of high-flying primates, will soon resume their acrobatic hijinks.
- The show’s iconic birds will once again soar above the stage.
Later this year, Magic Kingdom Park will welcome back Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party. Offered on select dates August through October, this special event haunts the park after normal operating hours (separate admission is required) with a lineup of frightfully fun entertainment:
- “Mickey’s Boo-To-You Halloween Parade” showcases floats filled with villains, Disney characters dressed in their Halloween best, and the Haunted Mansion graveyard diggers.
- “Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular” stage show stars the wicked Sanderson Sisters.
- “Disney’s Not-So-Spooky Spectacular” is a can’t-miss nighttime extravaganza featuring projections, special effects, fireworks, music and Disney characters.
Personal Interactions With Beloved Characters
As part of the recent phased return of traditional character greetings across Walt Disney World, guests can now hug Mickey Mouse, share a laugh with Goofy, and get autographs from their favorite Disney princesses. Here are just a few of the available character greeting opportunities:
- Mickey Mouse, Cinderella and Tiana at Magic Kingdom
- Anna, Elsa, Mulan and Jasmine at EPCOT
- Minnie Mouse, Sulley and Doc McStuffins at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Kevin from Disney and Pixar’s “Up!” at Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Pluto, Goofy and Donald Duck at various Disney Resort hotels
‘Fantasmic!’ Set to Dazzle Audiences Again Later This Year
The iconic “Fantasmic!” at Disney’s Hollywood Studios will make its much-anticipated return later in 2022 with a new show sequence featuring Disney characters – Mulan, Elsa, Aladdin, Pocahontas and Moana – in heroic moments, as well as new technical enhancements. Guests won’t want to miss this spectacle set on a canvas of water where the forces of good and evil battle it out in Mickey’s dream. The extravagant, open-air nighttime musical boasts more than 50 live performers, massive sets, stunning effects, rousing music and dazzling pyrotechnics.
Don’t forget to check out the 2022 Florida Kids and Family Expo August 20-21, 2022 at the Orange County Convention Center. Tickets are on sale now! Click here for details.
Disclaimer: Events and information listed on this site are subject to last minute cancellations and changes which might not be reflected in this MyCentralFloridaFamily.com post. Please always confirm with this family-friendly business by calling or clicking the links for the most up-to-date information.
Get more every day:
Be sure to check out our Daily Events Line-Up with events that are happening throughout Central Florida every single day!