Thank you to our calendar sponsors. Click on any of the ads for more information to support our sponsors.
This is your daily lineup of events and things to do with kids and families in Central Florida. We work hard to ensure accuracy in each event, but please double check all information with event producers BEFORE heading out. Thank you and enjoy! Have an event to share with Central Florida? Click here to submit it. Want to highlight it? Click here to FEATURE your event!
PLEASE NOTE: Our site is centered around community events and fun, but during the Coronavirus Pandemic, be sure to monitor CDC (Centers for Disease Control), WHO (World Health Organization), and local and national news outlets for guidelines and recommendations for participating in community events. Stay safe. Stay healthy.
- This event has passed.
Hello Dolly at Garden Theatre in Winter Garden
September 17 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 2:00 pm on Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday, repeating until 09/27/2020
An event every week that begins at 2:00 pm on Thursday and Saturday, repeating until 09/27/2020
When matchmaker Dolly Gallagher Levi is hired to arrange a marriage for the miserly half-millionaire Horace Vandergelder, she easily find him the perfect mate- herself! Full of humor, romance, and exquisite dancing, this blockbuster Broadway hit features some of the greatest songs ever written for the theatre, from “Before the Parade Passes By,” “Put On Your Sunday Clothes,” and “It Only Takes a Moment” to the irresistible title song, “Hello, Dolly!”
Performances select nights until September 27th. The performance on Thursday, September 10 at 7:30 pm includes American Sign Language interpretation by Signing Shadows. The interpreters will be located in front of the stage to the far right. For more information about ASL-interpreted performances, contact the Box Office at BoxOffice@gardentheatre.org.
Garden Theatre will be adhering to creative yet strict physical distancing measures, such as limiting audience size and following CDC guidelines. We have planned the following internal procedures:
- To best protect your health, we will implement physically-distanced seating for most of our season. We will be leaving at least 2 vacant seats between each set of 2 available seats to minimize close contact with other patrons in your row.
- We will reduce the number of tickets sold each showtime for Hello, Dolly!, Ugly Lies the Bone, Matilda the Musical, A Class Act, A Raisin in the Sun, and several movies. We plan to fully seat the theatre beginning with Beauty and the Beast. Click on the show titles above to view the modified seating maps for each show.
- Seats, armrests, countertops, restrooms, and other high-touch surfaces will be treated with disinfectant before and after each performance.
- Join us in practicing physical distancing as you enter the theatre and wait in lines. You will notice additional wayfinding and/or floor markings within all public spaces.
- Only e-tickets will be available next season. Patrons should print their tickets at home or prepare to have their tickets scanned from their phones upon arrival.
- All show playbills will become digital and will be available online.
- Online purchases will be restricted to groups of 2 consecutive seats. If you would like to purchase single seats or are attending with a larger group, please call the box office at 407-877-4736 ext. 0 for accommodations. We will discuss ticket options to keep your party in the same row or seating vicinity.