Welcome to our Daily Event Calendar for Central Florida Families!
Please double check all information, using the link(s) provided on each calendar event BEFORE heading out. *We do not produce these events so please contact event organizers/venues using links in each event listing. Changes in event details, human error and cancellations can and will occur. Double checking the details from the producer/venue of the event you want to attend ensures accuracy for your family. If you would like to list an event on our Daily Calendar, please click here.
For all the latest events, news, and opportuntiies, follow My Central Florida Family on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube. Or, sign up for our newsletter, the Weekly Fun-Letter, and other information today.
- This event has passed.
Mission: Save Christmas featuring Elf™
12/02/2021 @ 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
An event every day that begins at 10:00 am, repeating until 01/02/2022
A holly, jolly sleigh-full of holiday cheer is set for Gaylord Palms Resort with a host of special events and activities set to be unwrapped this Christmas season. Featuring a brand-new, multi-sensory marquee Christmas experience, Mission: Save Christmas featuring Elf™– Christmas at Gaylord Palms will delight guests of all ages with original shows, musical performances, 100 Christmas trees, amazing acrobatics, delicious dining, interactive experiences and more. Christmas at Gaylord Palms begins Nov. 19, 2021 and continues through Jan. 2, 2022.
An All-New, Gaylord Hotels Original Experience: Mission: Save Christmas featuring Elf™
Plenty of interactive experiences await guests in Mission: Save Christmas featuring Elf™, an immersive attraction inspired by the hit film, Elf™. In this collaboration with Warner Bros. Themed Entertainment, guests follow Buddy the Elf’s path from the North Pole to New York City and try to muster enough Christmas cheer to power the Kringle 3000 and help Santa’s sleigh fly again. Along the way, there are loads of interactive surprises and “elf-ie” photo opportunities, including:
- Guests enter through the candy cane forest, which features more than 100 giant candy canes (the tallest tops out at a sweet 10 feet). Utilizing real-time, interactive projection mapping and animation, a life-size Leon the Snowman welcomes guests personally to the attraction.
- Narwhal (who rises more than 13-feet-tall from his icy, arctic sea) and his woodland creature pals provide a picture-perfect photo opportunity.
- At Santa’s workshop in the North Pole, guests join a race against rogue Jack-in-the-Boxes. Standing amidst shelves full of the classic cubed toy and wielding an oversized mallet, guests try to bop as many clowns on the head as possible to get the high score.
- In the North Pole Kitchen, guests create virtual Christmas cookies by mixing digital ingredients, real-life tools and a bit of imagination. Their creative, confectionary concoctions are then sent to a magical Christmas oven where they come to life while the savory scents of freshly baked cookies fill the room.
- The famous department store – just as Buddy decorated it – is featured, complete with a cityscape built with toy bricks encircled by a holiday train, and a giant floor piano where families can create their own Christmas tune by stepping and dancing on oversized keys.
- Guests kick up their heels in the mailroom in a lively dance contest. As they attempt to keep pace with Buddy’s festively frenetic dance moves, every step, spin and shimmy is projected on a 35-foot, interactive wall.
- An iconic scene from the film is recreated with an epic snowball fight in New York City. Guests throw “snowballs” at targets throughout Central Park and can even take a crack at a snowball cannon inspired by Buddy’s incredible arm. Also featured in Central Park is a musical game where guests take command of instruments to create their own collaborative Christmas chorus.
Also New for 2021
- New this holiday season is “Cirque: Spirit of Christmas.” An original Gaylord Hotels production, the show features dazzling acrobatics, feats of flexibility and high-flying stunts. This Broadway-style spectacle centers on Noel, a child dismayed by the hustle and bustle of the holidays. Trying to recapture her lost love of the season, Noel is visited by spirits who bring back the true meaning of the season in energetic, athletic and wondrous dreamlike chapters.
- Also new – Gaylord Palms’ holiday light show, Shine. The skies above the atrium burst in a kaleidoscope of color as newly upgraded, animated light curtains – now featuring 53,000 animated pixels – hanging from the ceiling come to life around a centerpiece tree that magically transforms into a gleaming holiday spectacle.
Games, Musical Celebrations, Sweet Treats & Snow Much Fun!
- Even though temperatures in central Florida don’t feel like it, there’s snow in the air! Back for 2021 is the Snow Factory with thrilling ice tubing adventures and fanciful snowball building. Families speed down icy slopes atop inner tubes and build and toss real snowballs in this snowy play space.
- Escape room fun returns to Gaylord Palms in the Naughty or Nice Escape Room. Yuletide trickster Jack Frost is back with his icy antics and has added many guests’ names to Santa’s infamous Naughty List. But Jack has a deal to make – if guests can sneak into Santa’s office and decode a series of riddles, they’ll be able to erase their names from the Naughty List. Guests need to put on their holiday thinking caps and solve all the puzzles, then dash away before St. Nick returns.
- The birth and life of Jesus Christ has been called “the greatest story ever told.” Guests experience it through the eyes of six international storytellers in “The Greatest Story,” a musical stage show and multicultural celebration of everlasting faith, hope and love.
- Yuletide sleuths enlist in Santa’s Secret Service and decode some holiday fun in Santa’s Secret Service Scavenger Hunt. Using Santa’s special decoder ring, they’ll decipher clues and solve puzzles to break the code and save the season for everyone’s favorite jolly old elf.
- What’s Christmas without sweet treats? In the Gingerbread Decorating Corner, guests let their Christmas creativity run wild while they adorn gingerbread houses and cookies. After they’ve reached confection perfection with their edible art, they can enjoy a sweet meet-and-greet and photograph with Nutmeg the Gingerbread Man.
- The Christmas Tree Trail features elaborately decorated holiday trees shining and sparkling all throughout the atrium.
- Adventure Kid Sophie joins pals Ava the Alligator and Seth the Sea Turtle for yuletide fun in Adventure Kids: Wonders of Winter. The trio stars in this (w)interactive show to educate and entertain during the chilliest of seasons.
- The jolliest hostess of all joins guests for a fun-filled celebration of Christmas traditions. In Claus’ Christmas Traditions, Mrs. Claus retells the classic Christmas tale, “’Twas the Night Before Christmas,” leads guests in a sing-along to favorite holiday tunes and shares a warm batch of Santa’s favorite snack – freshly baked Christmas cookies, with milk provided by Orlando’s own T.G. Lee Dairy.
- Experience the fun of Build-A-Bear Workshop®! Guests make their own furry friend, take part in the iconic Heart Ceremony, and personalize with seasonal outfits, accessories, sounds and scents.
- Guests are invited to join the Sugar Plum Fairy and Nutcracker Prince in the Alpine Village Sweet Shop for Sugary Sweet Storytime. This celebration of sweets and tasty treats retells the story of “The Nutcracker” in an interactive experience, complete with holiday sing-alongs and laughs.
- Guests experience the beauty of the Three Kings Festival in The Journey of Los Tres Magos, a global celebration that honors the date Jesus was visited by the Three Wise Men following his birth. Told with story and song, the traditional festival is commemorated by many Christians in Latin America, Spain and throughout the world.
- Finally, what would Christmas be without a photo with the jolliest old elf of all, Santa Claus? Mailing a letter to the North Pole is great, but nothing can beat a personal visit with St. Nick to make sure you’ve secured a top spot on his Nice List. Presented by DEI, guests can visit Santa and take home a keepsake photo.
More Décor Than Ever Before
This year’s Christmas at Gaylord Palms features more décor than ever before. Dozens of elaborately themed Christmas trees – more than 100 in total – are spread across the resort. Guests can spot new holiday trees this year suspended high above them in the Everglades Atrium and floating on island docks in the 161,000-gallon Key West Lagoon. The enhanced and upgraded holiday décor also features 3 million gleaming holiday lights and more than 20,000 Christmas ornaments of all shapes and sizes throughout the resort.
In addition to the special events presented as part of Christmas at Gaylord Palms, guests can enjoy plenty of family-friendly activities, water park fun and one-of-a-kind environments during their visit. The resort features a lush, 4.5-acre atrium with indoor gardens and Florida wildlife, a thrilling water park – featuring seven water slides, a dedicated kids’ play area, two pools and an action river attraction – a delicious line-up of culinary offerings, soothing spa treatments at Relâche Spa, and more.
As the safety of its guests and STARS (employees) is of paramount importance, the Christmas at Gaylord Hotels program has been developed in accordance with Marriott’s “Commitment to Clean” program and with enhanced protocols and social distancing measures. Events and activities also will operate in consideration with the latest local, state and federal legislation.
Packages and Tickets
Also being unwrapped under the Gaylord Palms tree: two Christmas at Gaylord Palms packages that include special room rates and admission to select event activities. Guests are encouraged to book their experiences early, as advance online reservations are required for all ticketed events and tickets are limited to many of the experiences.
For more information about Christmas events at Gaylord Palms, or to book room nights, packages or event tickets, guests may visit ChristmasatGaylordPalms.com.
*Click on any event that you are interested in to find more information. Within the event page, there will be a link(s) that takes you to the event producer’s website/social page where you can confirm all the details with information directly from the event producer. Changes in event details, human error and cancellations can and will occur. Double checking the details from the producer/venue of the event you want to attend ensures accuracy for your family.
If you find any inaccuracies with any event, please contact us by clicking the email: Brandi@MyCentralFloridaFamily.com so we can adjust it on our calendar.
PLEASE NOTE: Our site is centered around community events and fun, but during the Coronavirus Pandemic, be sure to monitor CDC, WHO, and local and national news outlets for guidelines and recommendations for participating in community events. Stay Safe. Stay healthy. Thank you and enjoy!