Thank you for checking out events and things to do coming up in Central Florida and throughout the Orlando area for your kids and family to enjoy. And, be sure to check out our Calendar Sponsors that allow us to keep this calendar rich with information for you. Thank you and enjoy!
While we continue to strive to provide 100% accuracy with our posts, some posts grow old or producers of the information make changes to the information without notifying us. So, we highly encourage you to double check the information provided on this site. My Central Florida Family does not guarantee and is not responsible for all the information on this site due to mis-communicated changes, but we do work hard to ensure it’s accurate for you.
Click on any of the ads for more information.
- This event has passed.
Orlando Science Center Prehistoric Party Weekend
08/25/2019 @ 11:30 am - 3:30 pm
One event on 08/25/2019 at 11:30 am
Get Down With The Dinos During Prehistoric Party Weekend! Enjoy Prehistoric Experiments, DIY Fossil Necklaces & A Cretaceous Carnival on August 24-25, 2019 from 11:30 AM to 3:30 PM.
August is Paleontology Month at Orlando Science Center, in honor of the dinosaurs! To celebrate your favorite dino pals, we’re throwing a Prehistoric Party Weekend on August 24 and 25! We’re celebrating the megafauna with hands-on activities like DIY fossil necklaces, hands-on paleontology experiments & crafts and themed live programing.
- Prehistoric Experiments –Strap on your mad scientist goggles in Dr. Dare’s Lab for dino-mite experiments! Use prehistoric dirt to learn more about a T-Rex, excavate chocolate chips from a cookie, and follow the clues to find out if it was volcanoes or meteorites that killed the dinosaurs.
- Live Programming – Explore prehistoric creatures with the help of Dr. Seuss’s Cat in the Hat, take a Dino Safari through DinoDigs, and learn about the science of fireworks in the live show KaBOOM!
- DIY Fossil Necklaces – Step into The Hive: A Makerspace and create your own fossil necklace using wire-wrapping techniques.
- Cretaceous Carnival – Explore different stations like excavating a triceratops skeleton, learn about the fossilization process, create and name your own dinosaur, test your Jurassic knowledge in trivia, and get a dino-mite photo op!
- Meet Community Partners – Florida Fossil Hunters, Skeletons Museum of Osteology, Florida Geological Survey and Imagine Our Florida will have tables set up with fossil displays!