This is your daily lineup of events and things to do with kids and families in Central Florida. We work hard to ensure accuracy in each event, but please double check all information with event producers BEFORE heading out. Thank you and enjoy!
PLEASE NOTE: Our site is centered around community events and fun, but during the Coronavirus Pandemic, be sure to monitor CDC (Centers for Disease Control), WHO (World Health Organization), and local and national news outlets for guidelines and recommendations for participating in community events. Stay safe. Stay healthy.
Click on any of the ads for more information.
- This event has passed.
Orlando Science Center – Science Night Live
March 7 @ 8:00 pm - 11:00 pm$16
Enjoy everything you love about the Science Center–without the kids! Special programming is designed just for adults. Featuring a new theme each time, no two Science Night Live events are the same. Bring your friends, or make a date night of it, and unleash your inner child at this unique experience that proves there’s no age limit on curiosity.
Do you have an appetite for knowledge? This Science Night Live, feed your mind! Join us and learn more about keeping yourself, as well as the planet healthy!
From coffee to kombucha, learn the science behind some of your favorite beverages. What do we know about the food of Pompeii and Imperial Rome? What did they eat, how did they eat it, and what can we take from that inspiration and go Ancient Roman wild? Joseph Hayes will be serving up some history!
What’s on the menu?
From guest speakers, to live shows, demonstrations, trivia, and more, Science Night Live has something for everyone!
- FORGOTTEN RECIPES OF POMPEII– Illustrating how food held a central position in the culture, Joseph Hayes shares recreations of 1st Century Pompeiian bread, wine, and samples of olive oil, cheeses and the pungent sauce called garum that accompanied the legions around the empire.
- Brew up some science with Barnie’s Cupping Corner! See how your favorite morning beverage goes from coffee bean to a cup of coffee, learn about coffee density, bean defects, and more!
- Explore Exotic Fruit with Chef Adam Graham! From dragon fruit to durian, learn about the process of turning exotic fruits into delicious wine, and explore their taste & texture.
- Do you have what it takes to be a spy? Rappel into the world of spies with our newest traveling exhibit hall, Top Secret: License to Spy! Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to solve the Quantum Computer crime and save the day in this escape room-esque interactive exhibit.
- There’s been a theft! Someone has stolen cookies, now it’s up to you to help find the culprit. Learn forensics skills as you unravel the mystery at the scene of the crime. Don’t miss live stage show The Incredible Cookie Caper!
- Put your knowledge to the test with Science Trivia! Compete with or against your friends with topics such as Pollination Nation and Would You Die?
Limited tickets are available for just $16 and usually sell out online in advance so purchase yours today! For more information, call 407.514.2000 or visit www.osc.org/snl.