This is your daily lineup of events and things to do for families in Central Florida. We work hard to ensure 100% accuracy with each event listed, but we do ask you to please double check all information, using the link(s) provided on each calendar event BEFORE heading out. With the list of events below, click on any that you are interested in to see more information. Within the event page, there will be a link(s) that takes you to the event producer’s website/social page where you can confirm all the details with information directly from the event producer. Changes in event details, human error and cancellations can and will occur. Double checking the details from the producer/venue of the event you want to attend ensures enjoyment for your family. If you find any inaccuracies with any event, please contact us at Brandi@MyCentralFloridaFamily.com so we can adjust it on our calendar. It takes a village after all!
PLEASE NOTE: Our site is centered around community events and fun, but during the Coronavirus Pandemic, be sure to monitor CDC, WHO, and local and national news outlets for guidelines and recommendations for participating in community events. Stay Safe. Stay healthy. Thank you and enjoy!
Thank you to our calendar sponsors. Click on any of the ads for more information to support our sponsors.
- This event has passed.
Fall at Southern Hill Farms
November 5 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 9:00 am on Thursday and Friday, repeating until 11/08/2020
An event every week that begins at 11:00 am on Sunday and Saturday, repeating until 11/09/2020
Join us on our family farm for our 5th annual Fall at Southern Hill Farms events! What fall adventure would be complete without mouth-watering apple cider donuts, jolly Jumbo Jack carving pumpkins and strikingly beautiful sunflowers and zinnias for your family photos? Admission tickets must be purchased online in advance, no admission payments will be accepted at the farm. Tickets and more information can be found at https://southernhillfarms.brushfire.com/fallfestival/.
About the event:
• Held Thursdays through Sundays, beginning September 26th through November 8th. Tickets must be purchased online in advance. Children 2 and under are free but will still need a Toddler Ticket to enter.
• On weekends, you will choose a reservation time. You have an arrival window of 15 minutes before and 30 minutes after your chosen time to arrive at the farm.
• Face masks are required when in lines, participating in activities and when social distancing cannot be maintained. Please ensure that you bring a mask for everyone in your group 3 years or older to use during these times.
• Complimentary Farm Wagon rides.
• Sunflower and zinnia u-pick! $1/stem zinnias, $2/stem sunflowers.
• Sweet corn available for purchase, grown here at Southern Hill Farms.
• Our pumpkin patch barn (please note that the pumpkins are already cut from the vine) boasts a wide variety of beautiful and unique pumpkins of all sizes and colors, corn stalks, Indian corn, gourds and more for purchase. We provide a complimentary pumpkin ‘holding’ area for your purchased pumpkins while you stay and play. Prices vary based on size and type.
• Live music by Jeff Whitfield from 11:00 am to 2:45 pm, and Christina Aldonifi from 3:15 pm to 7:00 pm (live music on weekends only).
• Food trucks: Southern Hill Eatery, Twisted plates, Bauer-BQ, Willy Ts Crab Shack, Peru Power Food Truck, A Lo Cubano Kitchen, The Big Hot Box, Rollin Dough and Absofruitly. Serving from 11:00 am to 7:00 pm (guest food trucks on weekends only).
• Local craft beer, wine, frozen concoctions, and mimosas available for purchase from our Beer Shed. Serving from 11:00 am to 7:00 pm.
• Worried about missing your college or professional football team’s big win? Don’t be! We have flat-screen TVs playing all the weekend’s biggest rivalries under our food truck barn.
• Bring home the feeling of fall on the farm with our unique products, all made right here in our Southern Hill Market. Shop our handmade lotions, sugar scrubs, lip balms and bar soaps. Enjoy the scents of the season with our hand poured candles. We have unfiltered, local raw honey for purchase, organic pure maple syrup, as well as your favorite Southern Hill Farms merchandise.
• Enjoy our delicious apple cider donuts, blueberry lemonade, frozen and hot apple cider, blueberry cobbler, pumpkin muffins and more from our vintage Airstream turned bakery, Southern Hill Sweets.
• Our grounds include a beautiful rooftop deck, covered playground for children, covered barns with picnic tables and clean, convenient permanent restrooms.
• Yard games are complimentary and include life-sized Jenga, bean bag toss, Connect Four, footballs, soccer balls and more.
• Our ‘picture perfect’ photo op areas for your fall family photos.
• We’ll have rides on our one of a kind Blueberry Express (our converted cotton harvester) for purchase. $5 for adults, $3 for children and teens ages 3-17 (available weekends only).
• Enjoy our fire pits for roasting s’mores with family and friends. S’mores kits with roasting sticks available for purchase.
• Petting zoo – Parent or guardian must be present with young children. Food for the animals is $2, cash only, payment accepted at the entrance of the petting zoo.
• Touch-a-tractor – Children MUST be supervised by a parent or guardian at all times.
• Giant fun slide – 42” tall minimum, 32” can slide with an adult.
• Cyclone swing – 42” or taller to ride, 180 lb maximum.
• Inflatable sports games.
• Jump Pillows.