Welcome to our Daily Event Calendar for Central Florida Families!
If you would like to list an event on our Daily Calendar, please click here.
Please double check all information, using the link(s) provided on each calendar event BEFORE heading out. *We do not produce these events so please contact event organizers/venues using links in each event listing. Changes in event details, human error and cancellations can and will occur. Double checking the details from the producer/venue of the event you want to attend ensures accuracy for your family.
Please check the buttons below for additional ideas on how to spend your day. From library events and story times to indoor playgrounds and animal interactions, you can find ideas here. Or, scroll down for our daily calendar of events for today!
- This event has passed.
Southern Hills Farm Blueberry and Sunflower Picking
May 16 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 9:00 am on Sunday and Saturday, repeating until 05/16/2021
Join us for our 8th blueberry u-pick season at Southern Hill Farms! Our blueberry, zinnia, and sunflower picking will continue through May, and u-pick peaches will be available beginning mid to late April. Keep an eye out for updates!
• There are no admission fees or reservations required, stop by any time that we are open.
• Face masks required for guests over 3 when under covered barns, in lines and when social distancing cannot be maintained.
• Animals, including dogs, are strictly prohibited due to state and federal food safety regulations.
At the farm:
• Fresh blueberry, zinnia, and sunflower picking!
• Food trucks (Updates coming soon).
• Live music. (Updates coming soon).
• Local craft beer, wine, hard seltzer, light beer, frozen concoctions and blueberry mimosas from The Beer Shed.
• Donuts, blueberry cobbler, muffins and more seasonal treats from our bakery, Southern Hill Sweets.
• Shop our own handcrafted goodies in our Southern Hill Market. Think raw, unfiltered honey, hand poured candles and handmade sugar scrubs.
• Rooftop deck.
• Permanent restrooms with baby changing tables.
• Picnic tables. First come, first served.
• Fire pits.
• Our unlimited play wristband gives you all-day access to our kids zone activities! $10 plus tax for children under 42″, 42″ and taller is $14 plus tax per individual.
• Available 9 am to 3 pm.
• Includes access to our rock climbing wall, jump pillows, bounce houses, festival swing, giant fun slide, obstacle course, sports game, and rock wall.
• Please note that you must be 42″ or taller to participate in our rock climbing wall and festival swing. Closed toe shoes are required for the rock climbing wall.
• $2 per sunflower.
• $1 per zinnia.
• $5/lb u-pick blueberries.
• $3/lb frozen blueberries (packaged in approximately 4 to 5 lb bags).
• Birthday Pavilions available for rent for half day (3 hours) or full day (6 hours) rentals. Contact our event manager, Sharla, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
• You’re responsible for paying for everything that you pick.
• Cash, debit and all major credit cards accepted.
Keep in mind:
• No animals, including dogs, are allowed on the farm.
• Face masks are required.
• No outside alcohol, coolers and catered meals.
• Schofield Road is a Lake County clay road.
• Southern Hill Farms is a working farm, you will be parking and walking in grass and unpaved areas.
• All events are subject to change or cancellation due to inclement weather and crop availability.
• Always check our website on the day of your planned visit for final event details.
Hours and directions:
• Address – 16651 Schofield Road, Clermont, FL 34714.
• Hours – 9 am to 4 pm, entry ends at 3:30 pm.
*Click on any event that you are interested in to find more information. Within the event page, there will be a link(s) that takes you to the event producer’s website/social page where you can confirm all the details with information directly from the event producer. Changes in event details, human error and cancellations can and will occur. Double checking the details from the producer/venue of the event you want to attend ensures accuracy for your family.
If you find any inaccuracies with any event, please contact us by clicking the email: Brandi@MyCentralFloridaFamily.com so we can adjust it on our calendar.
PLEASE NOTE: Our site is centered around community events and fun, but during the Coronavirus Pandemic, be sure to monitor CDC, WHO, and local and national news outlets for guidelines and recommendations for participating in community events. Stay Safe. Stay healthy. Thank you and enjoy!