Florida Tax Free Weeks in 2022
Florida Tax Free Weeks in 2022 – There are three more tax free weeks in Florida in the summer of 2022. We’ve got the information listed for you below.
Click any of the buttons below to follow us for more news and information.
Freedom Week Sales Tax Holiday: July 1 – July 7, 2022
This Florida tax-free weekend was new in 2021 and is designed to provide tax relief on a variety of outdoor activities and live events. No sales tax will be collected on purchases made during July 1-7, 2022 for recreational activities and recreational supplies as listed below.
Concerts, Sporting Events, Live Performances, + Gyms
- Live events and performances scheduled to be held between July 1, 2022, and December 31, 2022 – this includes concerts, sporting events, movies, ballets, plays, musical theatre performances, fairs, festivals, or cultural events.
- Entry to a museum, including annual passes
- Use of or access to state parks, including annual passes
- Season tickets to ballet, play, or musical theatre performances
- Use of or access to gyms and physical fitness facilities between July 1, 2022, and December 31, 2022
- (Note that these tickets and memberships must be PURCHASED during the designated week)
Boating and Water Activity Supplies
- The first $75 of the sales price of life jackets, coolers, paddles, and oars
- The first $35 of recreational pool tubes, pool floats, inflatable chairs, and pool toys
- The first $50 of the sales price of safety flares
- The first $150 of the sales price of water skis, wakeboards, kneeboards, and recreational inflatable tubes or floats capable of being towed
- The first $300 of the sales price of paddleboards and surfboards
- The first $500 of the sales price of canoes and kayaks
- The first $25 of the sales price of snorkels, goggles, and swimming masks
- The first $200 of the sales price of tents
- The first $50 of the sales price of sleeping bags, portable hammocks, camping stoves, and collapsible camping chairs
- The first $30 of the sales price of camping lanterns or flashlights
- The first $75 of the sales price of rods and reels, if sold individually, or the first $150, if sold as a set
- The first $30 of the sales price of tackle boxes or bags
- The first $5 of the sales price of bait or fishing tackle, if sold per item, or the first $10, if multiple items are sold together.
General Outdoor Supplies
- The first $15 of the sales price of sunscreen or insect repellant
- The first $100 of the sales price of sunglasses
- The first $200 of the sales price of binoculars
- The first $30 of the sales price of water bottles
- The first $50 of the sales price of hydration packs
- The first $250 of the sales price of outdoor gas or charcoal grills
- The first $50 of the sales price of bicycle helmets
- The first $250 of the sales price of bicycles
Residential Pool Supplies
- The first $100 of the sales price of individual residential pool and spa replacement parts,
nets, filters, lights, and covers
- The first $150 of the combined sales price of all residential pool and spa chemicals
purchased by an individual
- Any item used in individual or team sports, not including clothing or footwear, selling for $40 or less
Back to School Tax Free Week: July 25 – August 7, 2022
Once only a 3 day weekend, the Back to School Tax Free Weekend in Florida is 14 days long! The School Sales Tax holiday runs from Monday, July 25, 2022 to Sunday, August 7, 2022. These are dates that you can purchase clothing, shoes, backpacks, and school supplies without paying the sales tax:
- Clothing, footwear, and certain accessories selling for $100 or less per item. Note this is ANY item of clothing on the allowed list, including clothing and footwear for adults.
- School uniforms less than $100 per item
- Certain school supplies selling for $50 or less per item
- The first $1,500 of the sales price of personal computers or personal computer-related accessories purchased for noncommercial home or personal use.
Tool Time Sales Tax Holiday: September 3 – September 9, 2022
This brand new tax free weekend in Florida is a 7 day sales tax holiday from September 3, 2022 through September 9, 2022 for specified tools commonly used by skilled trade workers. During the holiday, purchases of the following items are exempt from sales tax:
- Hand tools selling for $50 or less
- Power tools selling for $300 or less
- Power tool batteries selling for $150 or less
- Work gloves selling for $25 or less
- Safety glasses selling for $50 or less
- Protective coveralls selling for $50 or less
- Work boots selling for $175 or less
- Tool belts selling for $100 or less
- Duffle/tote bags selling for $50 or less
- Tool boxes selling for $75 or less
- Tool boxes for vehicles selling for $300 or less
- Industry text books and code books selling for $125 or less
- Electrical voltage and testing equipment selling for $100 or less
- LED flashlights selling for $50 or less
- Shop lights selling for $100 or less
- Handheld pipe cutters, drain opening tools, and plumbing inspection equipment selling for $150 or less
More information and a full list of items for each tax free holiday can be found on the Department of Revenue website.
Don’t forget to check out the 2022 Florida Kids and Family Expo August 20-21, 2022 at the Orange County Convention Center. Tickets are on sale now! Click here for details.
Disclaimer: Events and information listed on this site are subject to last minute cancellations and changes which might not be reflected in this MyCentralFloridaFamily.com post. Please always confirm with this family-friendly business by calling or clicking the links for the most up-to-date information.
Get more every day:
Be sure to check out our Daily Events Line-Up with events that are happening throughout Central Florida every single day!