Holiday Break Ideas 2017
Holiday Break Ideas 2017 – If you’re looking for special ways to spend the holiday break with your kids, we’ve put together some ideas for you. Stay-cations can be just as much fun as travelling, so enjoy some of these events and opportunities to make memories with your kids this holiday break!
As a parent, we’re always looking for memory making opportunities to do with our kids when they’re not in school. If you’re choosing a stay-cation or if you have to work over the holidays, you’ll be looking for things to do with the kiddos while they’re out of school for two weeks! Check out our list of Winter Break Things to Do with Kids in Orlando.
Central Florida is certainly a great place for the kids to be out of school because there is quite a selection of activities for them to do to enjoy their time off of school.
If you can think of any ideas we’ve missed, be sure to share them with us at Brandi@MyCentralFloridaFamily.com.
1. Head to our Daily Calendar for a list of daily activities, ideas and events!
Free and Cheap Options Holiday Break Ideas 2017
2. How many local, state and national parks can you visit in two weeks? We have a great variety of parks where you can hike, bike, picnic and play! For a list of parks and playgrounds, click here. For a list of State Parks, click here.
3. Head to the library for free events and activities for the kids to enjoy. Get a list of what’s happening at your branch here.
4. Head to the beach. It might be a bit chilly, but with the 80 degree temps, it never stops my kids from playing in the sand and dipping their toes in the water.
5. Go fishing. Whether you head to the coast or to a local lake or river, fishing is a great way to make memories with the kiddos. You can even rent a boat or canoe, if you don’t have one. Consider checking out the Wekiwa River for some great wildlife sightings too.
6. Head to Bass Pro Shops for their Santa’s Wonderland.
7. Check out an outdoor movie! There’s a lot of them happening all over Orlando for the holidays.
8. Head to Lake Eola. Rent a swan boat. Feed the ducks and birds.
9. Go camping.
10. Visit Ocala National Forest.
11. Visit Mt. Dora for a day trip.
12.Head to Wild Florida where entry is free through the end of the 2017.
13. Head to Disney Springs for some holiday fun.
14. Attend free and cheap holiday events! We have a list of opportunities here.
15. Check out the butterflies at Lukas Nursery!
Family Fun with a Price Holiday Break Ideas 2017
17. Head to the movies. Coco is out in the theaters now. Catch Justice League, Star Wars or Thor for the bigger kiddos. Ferdinand begins December 15th and The Star is out now! Other fun films are Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, Black Panther, and A Wrinkle in Time (a great kids book). Check out the parental reviews at CommonSenseMedia.org.
18. Check out ICE! at Gaylord Palms.
19. Ride the waves at Fantasy Surf.
21. Visit Showcase of Citrus.
22. Go ice skating.
23. Head to Clearwater and check out the Winter Wonderland at Clearwater Aquarium.
24. Check out Lil’ 500 cart racing.
25. Head to an Indoor Playground.
27. Go roller skating.
28. Dine in Medieval Times.
29. Check out The Best Christmas Pageant Ever at Orlando REP.
30. Head to the farm.
31. Take a class at O2B Kids.
32. Try Zoom Air Treetop Adventures!
33. Head over to iFly Indoor Skydiving!
34. Visit Farris and Foster’s for some yummy chocolate!
35. Take a boat cruise through Winter Park.
36. Check out Annie at Winter Garden Theatre.
37. Take an airboat ride at Black Hammock.
Holiday Fun Winter Break Things to Do with Kids in Orlando
38. Head to Waterford Lakes Winter Village for a carnival and entertainment.
39. Check out the Now Snowing Event in Celebration. Pretend that you live somewhere cold for winter break!
40. Attend a Chanukah Event. Most welcome everyone!
41. Attend a holiday concert or theater production. Listen to holiday bands or carolers. Here’s a list where to find them!
42. Find a New Year’s Eve Celebration or Event to enjoy!
43. Head to Light Up UCF for ice skating, sledding, and some carnival rides!
Theme Park & Attraction Fun Holiday Break Ideas 2017
45. Enjoy some time with the gators at Gatorland.
46. Explore Fun Spot.
48. Head to Kennedy Space Center for some summer space fun.
49. Take a ride on the Eye of Orlando on International Drive.
50. Check out some awesome reptiles at Reptile Discovery Center!
51. Check out the dinosaurs at the Brevard Zoo.
53. Check out a complete list of theme park holiday events here.
Out of Town Opportunities Winter Break Things to Do with Kids in Orlando
54. Head to St. Augustine for the Nights of Lights. Go early in the day and enjoy the sites of St. Augustine while you’re there.
55. Try a day-vacation out of town. Check out our list of out-of-town opportunities.
56. Head to Daytona and check out the Magic of Lights Daytona!
Additional Ideas & Savings!
57. Check out Aloma Bowl in Winter Park or Airport Lanes in Sanford and enjoy the Winter All Access Pass. It is 2 games of bowling with shoes and a $10 arcade card–for only $15 plus tax per person. It’s available any time for all of December and January. The discount is up to 40% off retail pricing. More…
58. Be sure to check out Groupons for things to do in Orlando! Have fun and save!
Disclaimer: This Holiday Break Ideas 2017 event is subject to last minute cancellations and changes which might not be reflected in this MyCentralFloridaFamily.com post. Please always confirm with this family-friendly business by calling or clicking.