Holiday Break Ideas 2018
Holiday Break Ideas 2018 – Holiday break is coming in late December through the first week of January and we’ve put together some fun family ideas if you’re choosing to take a stay-cation with your Central Florida family. We hope these ideas help you build wintry family memories together in our own backyard!
As a parent, we’re always looking for memory making opportunities to do with our kids when they’re not in school. If you’re choosing a stay-cation or if you have to work over the holidays, you’ll be looking for things to do with the kiddos while they’re out of school for two weeks! Check out our list of Winter Break Things to Do with Kids in Orlando.
If you can think of any ideas we’ve missed, be sure to share them with us at Newsletter@MyCentralFloridaFamily.com.
1. Head to our Daily Calendar for a list of daily activities, ideas and events! We list activities day by day, hour by hour and more. You can even filter the types of events you’re looking for!
Free and Cheap Options – Holiday Break Ideas 2018
2. How many local, state and national parks can you visit in two weeks? We have a great variety of parks where you can hike, bike, picnic and play! For a list of parks and playgrounds, click here. For a list of State Parks, click here. It’s a great time of year to go camping, so be sure to look for fun camping sites to enjoy. Lake Eola | Orlando Moss Park Friendship Park
3. Head to the library for free events and activities for the kids to enjoy. Get a list of what’s happening at your branch here.
4. Go Christmas light searching. Enjoy an evening with hot cocoa and Christmas tunes on the radio while you look for amazing light displays. Click here for our list to search!
5. Go fishing. Whether you head to the coast or to a local lake or river, fishing is a great way to make memories with the kiddos. You can even rent a boat or canoe, if you don’t have one. Consider checking out the Wekiwa River for some great wildlife sightings too.
6. Head to Bass Pro Shops for their Santa’s Wonderland.
7. Check out an outdoor movie! There’s a lot of them happening all over Orlando for the holidays.
8. Head to Now Snowing in Celebration! It’s a free opportunity to enjoy some snow and wintry activities!
9. Take a day trip to Ocala National Forest, Mt. Dora or St. Augustine for the day.
11. Check out Wekiva Island Winter Wonderland Events. They’re free during the week and only $1 on weekends!
12. Check out the Disney holiday fireworks from a distance. Some of our favorite viewing spots for New Year’s Eve are Disney’s Boardwalk Hotel, Disney’s Contemporary Hotel (with dinner or drinks for the family), or Disney Springs. Check out number 11 on the Top 12 Things to Do at Disney This Holiday for some hotel hopping ideas too!
13. Head to Disney Springs for some holiday fun.
14. Attend free and cheap holiday events! We have a list of opportunities here.
15. Attend a Light Up Event in Central Florida!
Family Fun with a Price – Holiday Break Ideas 2018
18. Check out Ultrazone with the family and enjoy some lasertag!
21. Go pick some strawberries with the family. Click here to check out our guide.
22. Go ice skating.
23. Head to Clearwater and check out the Winter Wonderland at Clearwater Aquarium.
24. Check out Lil’ 500 cart racing.
25. Have dinner at a family fun restaurant in Central Florida.
27. Go roller skating. Check out our Family Video Review of Let’s Skate.
28. Dine in Medieval Times.
29. Head to some indoor swimming fun on the cool wintry days in Florida with Goldfish Swim School.
30. Head to Paint Nite for some creative family fun!
31. Take a class at O2B Kids.
32. Try Zoom Air Treetop Adventures!
33. Head over to iFly Indoor Skydiving!
34. Visit Farris and Foster’s for some yummy chocolate!
35. Take a boat cruise through Winter Park.
36. Head to an escape room with The Escape Game Orlando.
37. Take an airboat ride at Black Hammock.
Bonus: Head out to pick strawberries with the kids! Check out our Fruit Picking Guide here.
Holiday Fun Winter Break Things to Do with Kids in Orlando
38. Head to Waterford Lakes Winter Village for a carnival and entertainment.
39. Check out White Christmas at Dr. Phillips Center (and other holiday events).
40. Check out ICE! at Gaylord Palms.
41. Head to Waterford Lakes to enjoy Santa’s Village!
42. Find a New Year’s Eve Celebration or Event to enjoy!
Theme Park & Attraction Fun Holiday Break Ideas 2018
45. Enjoy some time with the gators at Gatorland.
46. Explore Fun Spot.
47. Take the kids to experience Blue Man Group.
48. Head to Kennedy Space Center for some summer space fun.
49. Take a ride on the Icon Orlando 360 on International Drive.
50. Check out some awesome reptiles at Reptile Discovery Center!
51. Check out the dinosaurs at the Brevard Zoo.
52. Head to the theme parks for some of the fun holiday events happening. Enjoy a day pass, an after hours event, or make it an annual pass for additional savings!
Out of Town Opportunities on Winter Break Things to Do with Kids in Orlando
53. Head to St. Augustine for the Nights of Lights. Go early in the day and enjoy the sites of St. Augustine while you’re there.
54. Take in Lowry Park in Tampa for a fun day at a big zoo!
55. Head to Daytona and check out the Magic of Lights Daytona!
Additional Ideas & Savings!
56. Be sure to check out Groupons for things to do in Orlando! Have fun and save!
Disclaimer: This Holiday Break Ideas 2018 event is subject to last minute cancellations and changes which might not be reflected in this MyCentralFloridaFamily.com post. Please always confirm with this family-friendly business by calling or clicking.