Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Family Video Review
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Family Video Review – There’s fewer ways to get into the holiday spirit than with Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party! Check out our video recap and Family Review below.
In November 2018, we were invited to experience Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party at the Magic Kingdom, and no one says NO to Mickey. So, I brought along some of our “Mom-tributors” for this event for some perspective on this fun family event.
Now, it’s considered normal to wear matching t-shirts or PJ’s to this event. So, we decided to go with matching PJ’s. They were certainly a hit and helped us get into the festive Disney holiday spirit. I highly recommend planning your fashion well in advance to find the perfect look for your family!
At this event, you’ll experience diminished crowds (though it was more crowded than I remember), a castle lighting with Elsa, Anna, Oaf and Kristoff, 2 parades (same parade, different times) where you can see your favorite Disney characters AND Santa, fireworks, free snacks and drinks (different options at each stop), snow falling on Main Street and so much more. Be sure to research all of your options ahead of time to ensure you maximize your opportunities and have a plan!
While we caught a great spot for the castle lighting, we go trapped near Splash Mountain and missed out on a good spot for the parade. We saw guests grabbing their spots 30-45 minutes ahead of time, so plan accordingly.
The rest of the festivities just don’t disappoint. We highly recommend this event for your family (just be sure to take naps to hold out until the end of the night)!
Below, check out our Top 5 Suggestions for attending this event:
- You can arrive at 4 PM (even though the event doesn’t begin until 7 PM). Maximize your time in the park and arrive early!
- Dress in festive fashion. Plan ahead and get in the spirit with some fun t-shirts or PJ’s.
- Take advantage of the diminished wait times on rides. We still experienced 30 minute lines, but on rides that can see 60+ minute waits at normal times.
- Don’t miss the castle lighting, the parade (and get a good seat), the free snacks and treats, or the fireworks. They make the event worthwhile and exciting!
- Don’t miss the photo opportunities! This was an image a friend of mine shared the very next night at the event. We saw the line for the photo and opted to bypass it. We had no idea it would be THIS great:
Don’t pass things by…there are fun family memories at every turn. (This photo is taken in Repunzel’s area next to It’s a Small World).
Enjoy Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas with your family. We hope you make some fun family memories with this annual special event!
For more information on this event, click here.
Disclaimer: This Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Family Video Review is based on the experience of My Central Florida and should be taken as opinion of that experience. Details are subject to change over time so be sure to verify details from our accounts.