NBA Experience Family Video Review 2019
NBA Experience Family Video Review 2019 – NBA Experience immerses guests in the world of professional basketball, both as a fan and a player. In this first-of-its-kind entertainment venue, guests of all ages and skills can celebrate and learn about their favorite teams and players while engaging in 13 basketball-themed activities in a high-tech, interactive, family-friendly environment. This is our Family Video Review.
Family Video Review:
Above is our video highlight reel from Opening Day at the NBA Experience at Disney Springs. After the grand opening festivities, we moved inside the venue. Now, for opening day, we ran into NBA players like Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Grant Hill, Victor Oladipo, Brook Lopez and more. Now, you won’t see these living legends on a typical trip to the NBA Experience, but you will experience all of the unique opportunities to feel like you’re in the NBA throughout your visit.
Upon entering, we took note of the circular flooring that was half basketball, half court with the typical arena screens above it. You were immediately brought into the world of basketball at first glance.
On the first floor, you can be a part of the combine, learning your vertical jump, wingspan and shooting stats. You can check out the players in the locker room and get stats and line ups of your favorite teams while viewing jerseys and more in the lockers! With Champions, you can get immersed in the legacy and history of the NBA.
We journeyed upstairs for more excitement with Dribble! (dribbling routines), Dunk! (where you can slam them down on a rim with your choice of height), Slingshot (a fun skill of making baskets with a slingshot), Shoot!, Draft (get placed on a team with Adam Silver wax statues), replay (where you make the call), and more! It was totally immersive, tests your skills and allows kids of all ages to enjoy some basketball fever!
My son and I spent about 2-3 hours checking out the venue and while we didn’t do it all, we made some fun-filled memories while we were there. We highly recommend this venue for active families that enjoy sports, and especially basketball.
Here are our Top 5 Suggestions for experiencing the NBA Experience:
- Wear tennis shoes. You won’t be able to enjoy Dunk!, Dribble! and more if you’re in anything else.
- Be sure to stop into the NBA store for some hats, shirts, and other fun items.
- Be sure to check out both floors. They equally have fun activities for you to enjoy.
- Get something to eat before you go. While I had breakfast, by lunchtime, I was starving. All of the activity can burn through some calories and if you’re there for several hours, you’ll need the fuel. The great thing about Disney Springs is all of the dining options in the area!
- Get there early. It does get more busy as the day wears on, so get in early to enjoy all of the activities before the lines or crowds arrive.
From Walt Disney World:
NBA Experience Highlights
- Dribble! – Test ball-handling skills with an interactive coach who leads a variety of dribbling routines
- Dunk! – Execute the perfect slam just like a superstar, captured by cameras surrounding height-adjustable baskets
- Slingshot –Use an oversized slingshot to launch balls at hoops of varying heights, making as many baskets as possible before the clock runs out in this thrilling timed challenge
- Shoot! – Step onto the court and hear the roar of the crowd while maneuvering through a series of last-second shots before the clock expires
- Combine – Compare wingspan and vertical leap to NBA or WNBA players with this series of tests that replicates NBA Combine drills
- Draft – Experience one of the biggest milestones for a basketball player at the NBA Draft with a photo moment that re-creates the electric atmosphere of the Draft stage
- Replay – Take a seat at an interactive, multi-screen module to watch replay clips from NBA games and use tools at the station to make the right calls
- Players –Enter the off-court sanctuary of the locker room and explore current team rosters, records and highlights
- Champions – Be immersed in the rich legacy and history of NBA and WNBA championship teams and take a photo with replicas of the NBA championship and MVP trophies
- “Game Time” – Watch a heartwarming film about the in-arena game experience and the impact it has on a young woman and her father
- “Together” – Discover the amazing on- and off-court story of an NBA superstar in this inspirational, 180-degree cinematic presentation
- Arcade –Play interactive games, from the fan-favorite Pop-A-Shot to the latest NBA video games
- Trivia –Demonstrate knowledge of the NBA and WNBA – past and present – during a multi-player, real-time contest
The NBA Store adjacent to NBA Experience features:
- A collection of official NBA and WNBA merchandise for adults and youth, including jerseys, apparel, headwear, basketballs, home goods, accessories and limited-edition memorabilia
- Walt Disney World products designed by Disney specifically for NBA Experience, including Mickey Mouse Ear Hats with a basketball-inspired cap and a Mickey Mouse basketball-themed mini-backpack
- An assortment of Disney products featuring Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Goofy and Donald Duck in new basketball action poses
- Customizable products, including phone cases, MagicBands and water bottles
- NBA Experience-branded items, including backpacks, drinkware, basketballs, headwear and apparel
The Grand Opening:
It was a championship-worthy celebration Monday morning at Disney Springs for the grand opening of NBA Experience. Amid cheering fans and celebrity guests, Disney Chairman and CEO Bob Iger unveiled the first-of-its-kind destination, joined onstage by NBA Commissioner Adam Silver and several current and former NBA and WNBA players.
“NBA Experience lets everybody who loves the game, live it,” said Bob Iger, chairman and CEO of The Walt Disney Company. “We’re excited to open the doors to a fun and unique experience for fans of all ages.”
Those in attendance Monday were treated to a buoyant atmosphere reminiscent of a basketball arena, complete with a DJ, T-shirt tosses, fan-cam and a dance performance, hosted by ESPN personality Rachel Nichols. Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse cheered as confetti rained down toward the end of the ceremonial opening, which featured Naismith Basketball Hall of Famers Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Grant Hill, along with NBA legend Dwyane Wade, Milwaukee Bucks center Brook Lopez, Utah Jazz point guard Mike Conley, Indiana Pacers guard Victor Oladipo, Orlando Magic forward Aaron Gordon, Miami Heat forward Udonis Haslem and WNBA legend Swin Cash, now the vice president of basketball operations and team development for the New Orleans Pelicans.
“I want to thank Bob Iger and the Walt Disney Imagineering team for capturing the authentic NBA experience at this landmark destination at Disney Springs,” said NBA Commissioner Adam Silver. “Disney creates memorable experiences better than anyone, and we are thrilled to share the excitement of NBA basketball with fans and Walt Disney World guests from around the world.”
In collaboration with the NBA, Walt Disney Imagineering developed NBA Experience as an immersive, interactive venue. The high-energy environment is packed with 13 different basketball-related activities across 44,000 square feet and two floors.
Upon entry, guests feel as if they’re walking through the players’ tunnel at an NBA or WNBA arena. Visitors can experience what it’s like to be selected in the NBA Draft and step onto the court to make clutch shots and highlight-worthy slam dunks. NBA Experience also provides ample opportunities to learn more about the NBA and WNBA via interactive displays, films and trivia. The unique destination offers something for guests of all ages.
A ticket to NBA Experience grants access to every activity, in any order guests choose, and they can return to stations throughout the day to improve performance or learn even more about the game, players and teams they love. They can also customize many of their experiences to showcase their favorite NBA or WNBA teams. The adjacent NBA Store offers official NBA apparel, collectibles and more, along with Disney products designed specifically for NBA Experience.
NBA Experience is the latest collaboration between Walt Disney World Resort and the NBA. The day before the NBA Experience grand opening, the second annual Jr. NBA Global Championship concluded at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex at Walt Disney World Resort, which featured the top 13- and 14-year-old youth boys and girls basketball teams from around the world. Walt Disney World Resort also has a long-standing relationship with the Orlando Magic and the NBA.
Disclaimer: This event is subject to last minute cancellations and changes which might not be reflected in this MyCentralFloridaFamily.com post. Please always confirm with this family-friendly business by calling or clicking.
Do you like this information? Sign up for our Weekly Fun-Letter so you don’t miss a thing! Click here to sign up. Or, be sure to check out our Daily Events Line-Up with events that are happening throughout Central Florida every single day!