Opportunities for Kids to Volunteer in Central Florida
I’ve had a lot of parents ask me to do a feature on volunteer opportunities in Central Florida for kids and teens because they’re looking for opportunities for kids to volunteer. While there are many more opportunities than I could ever imagine, I’ve listed 10 of my favorite opportunities below. Some of those mentioned below are links to sites that can cover this topic far more extensively than I could, so I’ve simply shared the listing with you.
If minimum ages were noted, I’ve included them. I can’t imagine a better way to teach your child about love, compassion, and giving back than to provide them with the opportunity to volunteer to those in need. And, when the volunteering is done as a family, it can be even more special.
If you do volunteer, please share images with us on our Facebook page (link at the top of the page). We’d love to see the good work our families are doing!
4. Give Kids the World is available for kids 12-17.
5. Red Cross is available for kids up to 24 years old.
7. Orange County Public Library for kids 13-17 who are Orange County residents.
9. Central Florida Zoo for ages 13-15.
10. Feeding Children Everywhere for all ages.
11. Rise Against Hunger Orlando for all ages.
Check out additional upcoming volunteer events below:
We wish you all the best in your search efforts. No matter which you choose for your kids or family, we know it will be a rewarding experience and we thank you for your service.