Orlando REP Beat Bugs Production
Orlando REP Beat Bugs Production – Orlando Repertory Theatre (Orlando REP) is being taken over by the cutest bugs ever seen in Central Florida. The hit Netflix show, based on music made famous by The Beatles, inspires this toe-tapping, feel-good musical, sure to be loved by all ages. Beat Bugs, A Musical Adventure runs February 25 – April 7, with public performances beginning March 2. Orlando REP is grateful to this production’s Presenting Sponsor, Kiwanis Club of Orlando Foundation, and Supporting Sponsor, KPMG. The 2018/19 season is sponsored by Advent Health For Children.
“We are very excited to introduce the music of The Beatles to our youngest theatregoers by way of the new stage version of the Netflix show Beat Bugs,” says Artistic Director Jeff Revels.
Five bug buddies who regularly explore a backyard full of adventures, embark on an important mission: to save Strawberry Fields. A not-so-nice stink bug is taking over, and has devious plans for the land. Can the Beat Bugs remind him that “All You Need is Love” while they do their best to “Come Together” and save the day? Other featured songs include “Strawberry Fields Forever,” “Yellow Submarine,” “With a Little Help From My Friends,” among many more!
Beat Bugs, A Musical Adventure cast includes Lexy Adams, Jason Blackwater, Megan Boulden, Casey Casteel, Greg Coleman, Bradley Egan, Aja Grooms, Grace Gustino, Jarrett Poore, and Arius West.
Led by directors by Mark Brotheron and David Reed, the production team includes musical director Robby Stamper, choreographer Spencer Morrow, scenic designer Kimberly Powers, costume designer Wes Jenkins, lighting designer Michael Powers, sound designer Anthony Narciso, and props designer Tara Kromer.
Orlando REP Theater
February 25 – April 7, 2019
SPECIAL PERFORMANCES are being offered throughout the run of Beat Bugs, A Musical Adventure.
- Sensory Friendly Performance: Sunday, March 10 at 5:30 PM – Sponsored by Massey Services Inc. and Plasticity Brain Centers. Special modifications have been made to Orlando REP Sensory Friendly productions. Adjustments have been made to the show’s lighting and sound effects to accommodate guests with sensitivities.
- ASL Performance: Monday, April 1 at 10:30 AM – Sponsored by Kiwanis Club of Orlando.
MARCH 3 attend a pre-show sing-along and movement class for Kindergarten – 3rd grade students and a caregiver. Spend an hour boppin’ to The Beatles and becoming a bug with your child! Introduce them to The Beatles and their iconic tunes through this fun parent and child sing-along music and movement class and then see Orlando REP’s production of Beat Bugs: The Musical Adventure!
- 4:00 – 5:00 PM: Beat Bugs movement and sing along
- 5:30 PM: attend the performance of Beat Bugs, A Musical Adventure
- Tuition is $50, and includes one adult and one child ticket to the performance, as well the pre-show class.
Disclaimer: This event is subject to last minute cancellations and changes which might not be reflected in this MyCentralFloridaFamily.com post. Please always confirm with this family-friendly business by calling or clicking.