Orlando Science Center Prehistoric Party Weekend
Orlando Science Center Prehistoric Party Weekend – Get Down With The Dinos During Prehistoric Party Weekend! Enjoy Prehistoric Experiments, DIY Fossil Necklaces & A Cretaceous Carnival on August 24-25, 2019 from 11:30 AM to 3:30 PM.
August is Paleontology Month at Orlando Science Center, in honor of the dinosaurs! To celebrate your favorite dino pals, we’re throwing a Prehistoric Party Weekend on August 24 and 25! We’re celebrating the megafauna with hands-on activities like DIY fossil necklaces, hands-on paleontology experiments & crafts and themed live programing.
Orlando Science Center |777 E. Princeton St. | Orlando, FL 32803
Saturday & Sunday, August 24 and 25 from 11:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., Orlando Science Center is open from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. daily.
- Prehistoric Experiments –Strap on your mad scientist goggles in Dr. Dare’s Lab for dino-mite experiments! Use prehistoric dirt to learn more about a T-Rex, excavate chocolate chips from a cookie, and follow the clues to find out if it was volcanoes or meteorites that killed the dinosaurs.
- Live Programming – Explore prehistoric creatures with the help of Dr. Seuss’s Cat in the Hat, take a Dino Safari through DinoDigs, and learn about the science of fireworks in the live show KaBOOM!
- DIY Fossil Necklaces – Step into The Hive: A Makerspace and create your own fossil necklace using wire-wrapping techniques.
- Cretaceous Carnival – Explore different stations like excavating a triceratops skeleton, learn about the fossilization process, create and name your own dinosaur, test your Jurassic knowledge in trivia, and get a dino-mite photo op!
- Meet Community Partners – Florida Fossil Hunters, Skeletons Museum of Osteology, Florida Geological Survey and Imagine Our Florida will have tables set up with fossil displays!
Orlando Science Center’s Moon Fest is included with general admission, which is free for members, $21 for adults, $19 for students and seniors, $15 for youth (ages 2–11), and free for children under 2. Admission includes access to all four floors of hands-on exhibits, giant-screen films in the Dr. Phillips CineDome, 3D films in the Digital Adventure Theaterand live programming.
Parking is $5 in the Orlando Science Center garage and free for members.
For more information on Orlando Science Center, please call 407.514.2000 or visit www.osc.org.
Disclaimer: This event is subject to last minute cancellations and changes which might not be reflected in this MyCentralFloridaFamily.com post. Please always confirm with this family-friendly business by calling or clicking.
Do you like this information? Sign up for our Weekly Fun-Letter so you don’t miss a thing! Click here to sign up. Or, be sure to check out our Daily Events Line-Up with events that are happening throughout Central Florida every single day!