Ormond Beach Celtic Festival This Weekend
Ormond Beach Celtic Festival This Weekend- Time to start planning your weekend at the 10th Annual Ormond Beach Celtic Festival on September 11 & 12, 2021. Voted the Best Local Event in the News-Journal’s Readers’ Choice poll, the weekend attracts more than 8,000 locals and visitors each year. Admission is $10 each day for adults. Children 12 and under are admitted free. Tickets are available at the gate or online at buytickets.at/ormondbeachmainstreet. There is plenty of free parking, including free off-site parking with a free shuttle service to allow everyone access to the Festival activities.
Click any of the buttons below to follow us for more news and information.
The Ormond Beach Celtic Festival is a family affair. Not only are kids 12 and under admitted free, but there are so many things for them to see and do.
· On Saturday, dress in your best costume – be it princess, pirate, kilt, or armor – and compete to be the Wee Lady and Chieftain of this year’s Festival. The competition is open to children between 6 and 9 years old. Find out more at ormondbeachcelticfestival.com/littlemiss.html.
· On Sunday, see the amazing and award-winning sheep herding dogs of Craig Malloch Border Collies do their stuff at 1:30 pm and 3:30 pm
· Both days there are Kids Games including sack races, haggis toss, an obstacle course, a kid-size sheaf toss and more. The Games are available all day, but if you are feeling competitive be there at noon or 3 pm to try your skill against other athletes.
· In the Craft Area under the bridge, you can make your own clan crest or grab a pool noodle and turn it into a dragon.
Where and When:
The schedule is set for the two-day event featuring 17 bands, two dance troupes, daily bagpipe parades, Celtic food and vendors and of course, lots of draft beer.
· Off Kilter, the popular Celtic Rock band will headline both days of the event. The band is a unique blend of traditional Celtic tunes and songs with a rock twist, popular covers arranged with a Celtic rock feel, and original songs using everything from the bagpipe to the electric guitar. See them Saturday at 5:30 pm and Sunday at 4 pm.
· Be there Saturday for the Highland Games. Cheer on 45 athletes throwing the sheaf and caber and competing in feats of strength. Come back Sunday to learn how it’s done and even try your hand at some of the games.
· There’s a daily Parade of the Tartans (12:15 on Saturday; 1:45 on Sunday) as our 20 Clans and bagpipers make their way through the Festival grounds.
· Prefer your marchers with four feet? Join us Sunday at 2:30 for our annual Dog Parade, sponsored by NautiPets. Dress your pooch in their Celtic best to vie for the honor of best-dressed dog. The competition entry fee is a donation of food or dollars to the Halifax Humane Society.
Want to stay in the Celtic Festival spirit? Join us Friday and Saturday evenings for two “off-premises” events sure to make you smile –
· Friday night (9/10) at 6 pm join us for a Whisky Inspired Dinner at Rose Villa Southern Table and Bar, 43 W. Granada Blvd. Ormond Beach. Only thirty-five seats are available for the four-course meal featuring house-smoked salmon, deviled “Scotch Eggs”, Guinness braised short ribs, and Celtic-inspired bread pudding, along with two Clan MacGregor cocktails. Tickets are available at buytickets.at/ormondbeachmainstreet and reservations are a must.
· Friday and Saturday nights (9/10 & 11) visit Fletchers Irish Pub, 393 W. Granada Blvd. beginning at 7:30 pm. Join the Festival’s athletes and musicians at our traditional jam session and after-party. Enjoy Fletcher’s Irish food and 50 plus draft beer taps.
For more information, parking maps, and schedules visit OrmondBeachCelticFestival.com or our Facebook event page at facebook.com/ormondbeachmainstreet or call 386-492-2938
Disclaimer: Events and information listed on this site are subject to last minute cancellations and changes which might not be reflected in this MyCentralFloridaFamily.com post. Please always confirm with this family-friendly business by calling or clicking the links for the most up-to-date information.
Get more every day:
Be sure to check out our Daily Events Line-Up with events that are happening throughout Central Florida every single day!