Blizzard Beach Family Video Review 2021
Blizzard Beach Family Video Review 2021 – In March 2021, after 12 months of being closed down from the COVID-19 pandemic, Blizzard Beach is opening it’s doors again on March 6, 2021. We got to enjoy a sneak peak of the water park before it re-opens to the public. Here’s our Family Video Review!
Disney’s Blizzard Beach is a water theme park located at the Walt Disney World Resort in Bay Lake, Florida near Orlando. All water areas are heated (at approximately 80 °F or 27 °C), with the exception of the melting snow in the ice cave of Cross Country Creek.
The park opened on April 1, 1995 and was the third Walt Disney World water park. Blizzard Beach is open year-round with an annual maintenance closure in the winter.
The majority of the major attractions at the park are hosted atop of Mount Gushmore, an artificial hill with an elevation of 90 feet (27.4 m). Mount Gushmore is split into three colored slopes to aid guests navigating around the park: Green, Red and Purple.
The park’s whimsical and imaginative concept was conceived by designer-imagineer Marshall Monroe, who, at the time, was a Creative Executive and Principle Technical Staff at the Walt Disney Company. Innovative elements of the park include a beach chair themed chair lift, complete with beach umbrellas, and pretend snow skis. The setting and atmosphere of the park are marked by a unique blending of tropical landscaping with simulated melting snow throughout. The mountain is a unique engineering structure constructed in a challenging setting – a high water table Florida woodland. And the architecture is a playful intersection of alpine lodges with Caribbean colors and accents.
Family Video Review:
Our Top 5 Things to Know:
- This water park water temps are kept around 80 degrees, comfortable for Spring, Summer and Fall!
- You can enjoy mobile dining where you order your food on an app and then pick it up when it’s ready. Alcoholic beverages are served Polar Pub to guests over 21.
- You can rent an amazing cabana for the family to enjoy where drinks and food are delivered to you and an attendant keeps you comfortable throughout the day!
- There are shops available for anything you may need and lounge chairs are plentiful for you to drop your stuff and go!
- Check out the special areas for kids like Tike’s Peak and Ski Patrol Training Camp for the little ones in the group. Click here to view all the attractions and slides.
Disclaimer: This event is subject to last minute cancellations and changes which might not be reflected in this MyCentralFloridaFamily.com post. Please always confirm with this family-friendly business by calling or clicking.
Do you like this information? Sign up for our Weekly Fun-Letter so you don’t miss a thing! Click here to sign up. Or, be sure to check out our Daily Events Line-Up with events that are happening throughout Central Florida every single day!