Family Video Review The Florida Keys
Family Video Review The Florida Keys – In April 2021, we took a Spring Break and headed for The Florida Keys. This is our Family Video Review of our experience.
With COVID-19, vacations were a luxury to our family. In January 2021, we knew Spring Break was coming and it has been a long time since our kids travelled together on a trip, due to being in different schools. This year, they would be off together and we wanted to make the most of the opportunity, while choosing something incredibly safe. The Florida Keys was the best decision for us! With fishing, swimming, snorkeling and beaching all outdoor activities and safe to do, what could be better? So, off we went!
Our Family Video Review:
Top 5 Things to Know:
- Plan to drive in and out early to avoid traffic on a mostly 2-lane road. If you don’t mind traffic or plan to make stops along the way, go at what time is best for you. If you hate traffic, like I do, plan to drive during off times and avoid the middle of the day.
- Choose your location wisely. We chose Marathon because it was in the center of all the action and had plenty of great snorkeling, fishing, and beach opportunities. It was also commercialized with plenty of restaurants and things to do. Know your purpose in going and choose your “key” accordingly.
- Skip the chain restaurants and do your research (reading reviews) to find the perfect eating spots for your family. We love water-side dining and there were plenty of options with outdoor dining for us!
- Plan for a day in Key West, if you can. We rented golf carts and it was the perfect way to see what we wanted to see. Know that parking fees are charged EVERYWHERE. We spent $50 in parking for the day as we hopped around the island. There are plenty of museums and things to do with the family in Key West. We were fulfilled just spending the day.
- If you can, take a boat or rent a chartered experience. Some of our best snorkeling, fishing and swimming was done on a boat. If you don’t have one, or travel with someone that does, be sure to charter a guide and group experience to enjoy everything The Keys have to offer!
Disclaimer: Events and opportunities listed on this site are subject to last minute cancellations and changes which might not be reflected in this MyCentralFloridaFamily.com post. Please always confirm with this family-friendly business by calling or clicking the links for more information.
Do you like this information? Sign up for our Weekly Fun-Letter so you don’t miss a thing! Click here to sign up. Or, be sure to check out our Daily Events Line-Up with events that are happening throughout Central Florida every single day!