Mickeys Not So Scary Review
Mickeys Not So Scary Review – Even though we were rained out, we had a trick and a treat on September 1, 2017. See our full review below.
Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween is always a fun event for the kids and family each year. This year, it started in late August and my family journeyed to the Happiest Place on Earth on September 1, 2017.
Unfortunately, the rain set in just a couple of hours after we arrived and it rained all night, so I don’t have as many images or details as I’d like, but here is what I can tell you based on this experience and past experiences.
1. Dress Up. It’s just more fun. And, it’s so fun to see everyone else that dresses up. Many attendees were commenting on my son, dressed as Thor, and it enhanced his experience. He thought it was really cool! Plus, trick or treating just doesn’t seem the same without being in costume. I have to give a HUGE thumbs up to the dads that dressed up. I saw Captain Hook, Prince Charming, Nemo and more. We love seeing dads so into it!
2. Stop for candy. It’s kind of the whole point! Look for the blown up orange pillars as the notate candy locations. Our kids were thrilled with the loot they took home. Lines will look long, but move rapidly, so don’t let them “scare” you away. If you don’t have a candy bag, not to worry, they will provide one for you…though it will be smaller than the loot you hope to collect!
3. Rides typically have shorter wait times. I would go as far to say as wait times are typically about 1/2 of what you would find on a busy day. Have a plan of what rides you want to ensure you experience so you can get them in as well. You can usually get in to this experience at 4 PM, so make the most of the three extra hours to enjoy rides before the festivities begin at 7 PM.
4. Catch the parade! We didn’t get to see it this year because of the rain, but I’ve seen it in the past and according to employees we spoke with, it’s not to be missed and is the best parade of the year at Disney! There are 2 parade times for you.
5. Take lots of photos! This limited time event only comes around once a year and you don’t want to miss out on remembering all of the fun you had.
Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween is one of our favorite events of the year. It’s perfect for the smallest of kiddos because it truly is not scary. They can enjoy the joy of Halloween, rather than the frights. With the fun and festive music playing throughout the park, the abundance of characters, the shorter lines, candy, all the visual enjoyment and more, this is an event you want to put on the calendar for your family to enjoy!
Click here for more information about Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween. Trick or Treat!
Disclaimer: This Mickeys Not So Scary Review is based on our personal opinions of this event.