Manatee Viewing Guide
Manatee Viewing Guide – In the winter, manatees seek out warm waters and that assists us to be able to view them at local state parks and the waters around Central Florida. In this guide, find out where you can take the family to get up close with manatees this season.
On certain cold days, you can see hundreds of manatees in certain locations around Central Florida. Manatee season lasts into March, so plan accordingly, especially on cold days, to see these amazing creatures.
Blue Spring State Park | 2100 W French Avenue, Orange City
- Arrive Early due to crowds
- $6 entry per vehicle
- 8 am to dusk
- You can call to get the count of manatees before you go
- Pack a lunch or picnic
- Enjoy the playground
- Rent a canoe or go on the St. John’s River Cruise
The Manatee Festival | Valentine Park, Orange City
- January 25-26, 2020
- Adults are $8 and Kids are $2 (3 and under free)
- It’s a Festival where you can enjoy entertainment, food, presentations and more.
- Enjoy the FREE shuttle into Blue Spring State Park to visit the manatees
Three Sister Springs | 123 NW US Highway 19, City of Crystal River
- $20 for adults and $7.50 for kids (free for kids 5 and under)
The Florida Manatee Festival | Downtown Crystal River
- January 18-19, 2020
- The Florida Manatee Festival returns January 18th and 19th, 2020. Come join the celebration in downtown Crystal River as we honor our most famous resident!
January – March
- Bring binoculars
- Bring blankets and lunches to make a day of it
Disclaimer: This event is subject to last minute cancellations and changes which might not be reflected in this MyCentralFloridaFamily.com post. Please always confirm with this family-friendly business by calling or clicking.
Do you like this information? Sign up for our Weekly Fun-Letter so you don’t miss a thing! Click here to sign up. Or, be sure to check out our Daily Events Line-Up with events that are happening throughout Central Florida every single day!