Orlando Summer Kids Guide: 101 Fun Things to Do
Orlando Summer Kids Guide: 101 Fun Things to Do (updated April 2, 2018) – Are you like me and always looking for things to do with the kids over summer break? Well, each year, we put together a list of ideas of how you can enjoy this summer with your kiddos…if we’ve missed anything you love to do, please send it our way at Brandi@MyCentralFloridaFamily.com!
I have called Central Florida home for over 40 years and I’ve been a Central Florida mom for nearly 15 years. Every summer, when my children are out for the summer, I am often perplexed as to what to do with them. For some of those 15 years, I have been a working mom and for some, a stay-at-home mom. Therefore, I can understand the complexities of both scenarios and neither one is easier than the other. So, now that I’ve had the time to work on this site to help other moms and dads simplify life by bringing the possibilities to one site, I’ve decided to determine 101 things to do with the family during the summer.
Some of these items will register for the older kiddos and others will make sense for the little ones, as I have both. I hope you’ll find some of these ideas fun, entertaining and above all else, memory making. Here we go!
1. Attend the Florida Kids and Family Expo August 18-19, 2018 at the Orange County Convention Center. I would be remiss if this didn’t top the list!
Free & Cheap: Water Fun
2. Hit the beach.
3. Enjoy the splash pads throughout Central Florida.
4. Visit one of Florida’s Crystal Clear Springs.
5. Go swimming in a community pool (check your nearest city aquatic facility)
6. Attend a summer camp.
7. Visit a Farmer’s Market.
8. Canoe Wekiwa Springs.
10. Take a painting class together.
11. Take a Home Depot Workshop. (Check our Daily Calendars regularly for information)
12. Head to Michael’s for some Arts and Crafts sessions.
Disclaimer: These events are subject to last minute cancellations and changes which might not be reflected in this MyCentralFloridaFamily.com post. Please always confirm with this family-friendly business by calling or clicking.